- Gracewood - Gracewood rescues and restores single mothers and their children by providing home, hope and healing. Gracewood provides residential group care, mentoring, financial planning, teaching, counseling and referral to valuable community resources. Gracewood's focus is on long-term quality of life improvements, not on temporary solutions.
- Cornerstone Ministries - Cornerstone Family Ministries is a multi-cultural, faith-based, non-profit organization whose mission is to develop relationships with families in underserved neighborhoods by building and fostering biblical communities.
- The Source for Women - The Source For Women is a premier reproductive health center offering cost-free, confidential resources to empower you to make healthy, informed reproductive choices.
- Arrow Child & Family Ministries - Arrow Child & Family Ministries is a Christian provider of child welfare and education services for abused and neglected children and families in crisis. Through the engagement of both government and the local church, Arrow provides an array of services including foster care, adoption, child sex trafficking rehabilitation and specialized education. All programs and services advance the well-being of children, families and communities while promoting Christian responsibility and a commitment to strengthen family life.
SINGLE MOM RESOURCES
- Christy Johnson – Christy Johnson is a mother with a dynamic story offering many resources to moms who experienced tragedy and singleness.
- The Life of a Single Mom Ministries - The Life of a Single Mom Ministries helps single moms succeed in finances, parenting, and health & wellness, while connecting them to a group in their community for encouragement, networking, and empowerment.
- Single Parent Missions – Single Parent Missions brings life-giving resources and relationships into the homes of single parent families, providing spiritual and physical provision like daily online devotionals and household help through volunteer care teams.
- Arise Ministries - Arise Ministries focuses on the emotional and spiritual well-being of single mothers to help them gain a fresh perspective in their roles of parenting alone and discover new ways to model well in the home.
Solo Parent Society - Being a Solo Parent is more than a label. It’s an opportunity. Join the community and find strength and purpose in your Solo Season.
Single Parent Advocate - Single Parent Advocate is a non-profit organization commited to educating, equipping and empowering single parents with resources, practical assistance, emotional encouragement and social networking to better their lives, and those of their children.
- Fiscal Tiger - Resources about general financial assistance, how to manage your bills and debt, finding childcare and healthcare, mental health resources, discipline strategies, and educational resources to help you prosper as a single parent.
- YourLife Finances - YourLife Finances programs were created by The Women's Resource to build a foundation of financial knowledge for women and girls to make the choice to become independent, productive and financially stable.
- Financial Peace University - Did you know that 76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck? Or that 64% of Americans cannot cover a $1,000 emergency? All you need is a practical plan for your money! In nine easy-to-follow lessons, you will learn how to get out of debt, create a budget, make wise spending decisions, save for the future, fellowship with others, and so much more! Classes throughout the year at Bayou City Fellowship. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Henneke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living Proof Ministries - Living Proof Ministries with Beth Moore is dedicated to encourage people to come to know and love Jesus Christ through the study of scripture.
- Lisa Harper – Lisa is a hilarious storyteller and gifted communicator, whose writing and speaking overflow with colorful pop culture references that connect the dots between the Bible era and modern life. She is a single mother, author, writer, and speaker.
- Angela Thomas Pharr - Angela is a best-selling author, sought-after speaker and gifted storyteller. Angela transparently shares real-life experiences that help women of all ages and from all walks of life develop a deeper passion for knowing God.
- Bo's Place - Bo's Place is a bereavement center offering grief support services to children, ages 3 to 18, and their families who have experienced the death of a child or an adult in their immediate family, as well as programs for grieving adults.
- Proverbs 31 Ministries - Proverbs 31 Ministries, with Lysa TerKeurst, is Christian ministry that seeks to lead women into a personal relationship with Christ. They are real women offering real-life solutions to those striving to maintain life’s balance, in spite of today’s hectic pace and cultural pull away from godly principles.
- Christina Rasmussen - Single Mom support blog that believes and writes about when you experience a loss, a death, a divorce, a professional disaster, or any kind of devastating disappointment.
- One Fit Widow – Blog of a widow whose desire is to help work with other widows to obtain good health & fitness.
- Christine Caine - Believe that we can change the world whether it's abolishing the injustice of human trafficking, equipping women to identify and accomplish their God-given purpose, or seeing the lost come to Christ. She knows we are on the planet at this time in history for a reason.
- Hope and Help for the Single Mom - Lori Little a single mom designed principles for single moms.
- Divorce Care - DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
- Grief Share - GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
- Single and Parenting - If you’re a single parent, you’re probably tired, overwhelmed and feeling a bit underappreciated. That’s why we created Single & Parenting groups—to share tips and parenting wisdom that will help you find rest, hope and encouragement.
- Inspire Women -Through our Life Purpose Academy, inner circles, citywide events and, most importantly, the ministry work of the women we invest in around the world, we help women find their spark and follow their God-given calling.
- Jen Hatmaker – Author, Writer, Speaker, and Mom • United Way Houston - We transform individual lives and bring long-lasting, systemic change to tough issues, like family financial stability and academic success.
- Nabor House Community - Nabor House Community invests in the growth and development of low-income children and their families by providing quality, affordable early childhood centers in a Christian environment, enabling parents to pursue employment or education.
- 2-1-1 in Texas - 2-1-1 is a toll-free resource to find out about available public benefits in your area, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Both Texas state programs and regional county programs will be searched on your behalf when calling.
- Rental Assistance - Rental assistance programs offered by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) provide rental vouchers to assist those in need with rent payments, and/or assistance with fees and security deposits 1-800-525-0657. Find additional ways to get rent help in both English and Spanish.
- Texas Medicaid Program - Medicaid is the Federal and State cooperative program that helps provide medical coverage to eligible needy persons. The purpose of Medicaid in the state of Texas is to improve the health of people who might otherwise go without adequate or proper medical care for themselves and their children. There are also ways to get free health care, prescription drugs, and more. 1-855-435-7182.
- Food Stamp Program - The Texas Food Stamp Program will help people with lower incomes and resources buy the food they need for their good health. Food stamps are typically provided to a single family or person who meets the program’s requirements. 1-877-541-7905
- Grace Food Pantry – Serves food to households monthly on Thursdays from 2:00-4:30 PM at 1245 Heights Blvd. Houston, Texas 77008.
- Child Safety Seat Distribution and Education Program - Eligibility requirements for receiving a seat Family must be low-income, one of the child's primary caregivers must attend a 1-hour class about child passenger safety, someone in the household must have a vehicle.